SORRY! THIS CLASS IS SOLD OUT
CALL TO BE PLACED ON A WAITING LIST
541-772-8430 OR 800-729-0280
DAY #1 Morning
Taking the Mystery Out Of Quilting!
Wed., Nov. 11
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Curious about solving the mystery of Longarm quilting? Are you looking for a chance to brush up your longarm skills? Or are you considering purchasing a longarm? This class demystifies longarm quilting by teaching all the basics while giving you an opportunity to take an Amara, Fusion or an Infinity for an all day test drive! We’ll start with machine and frame features and maintenance, then demonstrate loading a quilt. We’ll move on to picking the perfect thread for your project, setting your tension, and choosing designs for your quilt. This class is full of great tips and tricks while exhibiting all the great features found in the Handi Quilter machine lineup.
• Longarm machine and frame features and maintenance
• How to set tension on a bobbin and your machine, needles and thread
• How to load your quilt onto a frame
• Choosing the right thread and designs for your project
• A basic overview of free-motion techniques and ruler work
DAY #1 Afternoon
Building a Free-Motion Quilting Design Library
Wed., Nov. 11 ~ 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Building a library of free-motion quilting designs is fun – and it’s easier than you think! By exploring different designs - from simple blocks to an all-over design – you can create designs that can be used to complete any quilt. Learn how drawing a simple shape and then connecting it or just using a part of it can make finishing your quilts fast and fun.
• Develop a library of free-motion designs
• How to plan out a quilting path
• Exploring different designs based on a basic shape
• Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
• Using a grid to layout your quilting design
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
DAY #2 Morning
Beyond Meandering: Other Ways to Fill Your Quilt
Thurs., Nov. 12 ~ 1o a.m. - 1 p.m.
Is meandering your go-to design? Are you ready to try something new? We’ll explore other
basic background designs, including continuous curve, straight lines, and crosshatching. Learning how to quilt these designs continuously gives you a whole new collection of designs to use for backgrounds, fills and texture on all your quilting projects. From large to small scale, we’ll explore how these great designs can spice up your next quilt.
• Choosing background fills to accent your design
• Create extra texture with creative fills
• Try out patterns large to small patterns
• Use a grid to keep your pattern consistent
• Adjustable handlebars and HQ Micro Handles tips and tricks
DAY #2 Afternoon
Using Rulers & Templates
Fri., Nov. 13 ~ 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Looking for the perfect circle or wave? Or how about a heart or arc? These shapes are all
possible with consistency and precision when you use a ruler or template. Learn the safe way to use these tools, starting with the right foot. We’ll explore designs like waves with channels, curved crosshatching, and echoing around applique. Rulers will become your new favorite quilting design tool.
• Ruler safety: Sure Foot, ruler base & the right rulers
• Use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
• How to mark for rulers
• HQ VersaTool®, stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
• Wave Rulers, modern and classic designs
All 4 classes just $200 incl. lunch & snacks both days
Due to Covid-19 & Handi Quilter requirements you will be required to wear a mask throughout the event and have your temp taken each morning.